Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Gogh your own way

Studio view
The Van Gogh project has begun!

I have officially started work at the Kasini Gallery on North Street in Burlington. I have my own studio there for the months of July & August, and began working on my altered book over the weekend. At the end of this time period, I will (hopefully) have completed 40 images, with roughly the equivlant amount of writing. We anticipate an October show opening with the original art on the walls, to coincide with the publication of the book! Yes, yes, I said a book! My artwork, my writing, and possibly an essay about the work written by someone else. Very exciting. First press will be a run of 1,000. The original work will then be rebound (haven't figured out this piece yet), and sold as a set. Think museums! Think collectors! Think positive thoughts!

God. I'm terrified.
I'm happy to have folks pop in and say hello during hours that I'm there and the gallery is open. Gallery hours are:
Thursday, Noon to 6PM
Friday, Noon to 6PM
Saturday, 10AM to 4PM

I shall try and post images when I am able to; and please come for the South End Ramble on July 26th!

No comments: