Tuesday, April 22, 2008

You'd think it's summer

Burlington has been enjoying unseasonably high temperatures for the last several days. I took advantage of the beautiful weather and finally got around to fixing up my little porch.

metal chairs
These two chairs I got free of charge from a neighbor who was cleaning house. They needed to be scraped and cleaned, which I did, and the black & white one now has a nice new coat of powder blue paint! I also bought some plants, a couple of colorful hurricane lamps, and I found a great acrylic painting at Junktiques on South Willard Street.

parrot It only cost me twelve dollars. How could I pass that up? I also found a small pine table at Upstairs Antiques on Flynn Avenue for only $16. The final result?

porch Honestly, the flowers cost me more than everything else combined.

No comments: