Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Little fishy in the brook...

Poor Woman's Fish Stew

I’m calling it Poor Woman’s Fish Stew, and I'm reeeeaaaallly sorry about the picture quality. Terrible lighting!

At any rate, I had some nice swai fillets that we had picked up two days ago and I needed to cook them. I sautéed up ½ a sliced small onion, 3 medium carrots, 1 medium zucchini, about 4 baby bella mushrooms, 1 clove garlic, fresh ground ginger. All of this in a saucepan with olive oil and curry oil over medium heat. I then added the zest of 1 lime, with the juice from ½ of it. I threw in salt and pepper, fresh thyme and chopped parsley. After that I added 1 tablespoon of tomato paste, some fake chicken stock, turmeric, and enough water to cover the vegetables. Let it simmer for a while. Finally, I added the swai and poached them on one side for 4 minutes, then flipped them and let cook for another three. I served all of this over brown rice.

It wasn’t half bad. But, not quite enough spice. Good amount of heat. I didn’t measure anything, of course. I’ll try it again and really measure out the spices this time and try to crank it up. I’d take some suggestions, of course!

OMG! I forgot to tell, I sold a piece from the Art Hop. I mean this to sound totally blasé. Did it sound totally blasé? Next round is on me!

No comments: