Monday, August 6, 2007

Well fed, well rested, and tan

Castine, Maine is, quite possibly, one of the prettiest places I have ever seen in my life. It’s old. The town was settled in 1610, which makes it older than Plymouth Plantation. The houses are big and beautiful; Colonial’s, Victorian’s, and farmhouses. It is a little slice of Americana, even if it is a tourist town. But not too touristy, if that makes sense. It’s just pretty and quaint, and located right on the mid-coast of Maine. I mostly shot film, so I’m waiting for those to be developed, and then will have a lot more to share.

This was looking out of our loft toward the harbor,

The Sail Loft
and this

Do we look like tourists?
was taken by a kind soul by a pond in Acadia National Park. The restaurant there has the best popovers I’ve tried in my life.

We ate great seafood, saw lots of little towns, laid on the beach, went sailing, got tan, drank good beer every night (except for the champagne, but more on that later), and took several naps.

I also developed a new guilty pleasure- “Scott Baio is 45 and single”. Thank you, VH1, for your inspired programming. Watch it. You’ll feel so much better about your life.

For a few more digital photos of the journey, click here. And more later, I promise.

Now I have lots of work to catch up on.

No comments: